To check that you are receiving all the benefits and tax credits you’re entitled to, you will need the following information for everyone who lives in your home: 

  • dates of birth 
  • if employed or self-employed – number of hours worked 
  • gross income from employment for the last tax year – April 6 to April 5  - a P60 form will provide this, or if self-employed, last year’s accounts 
  • gross income for this year – payslips or estimate if self-employed 
  • if you are currently receiving benefits, all the benefit award letters/emails 
  • child care costs – details of childcare provider and how much you pay 
  • investment income – details of investments and latest interest payments (bank statements may be the best way to show this) 
  • tenancy agreement or current mortgage repayment details 
  • council tax bill